It is very important for us that you know exactly what to expect while working with Simple Living Kitchen & Bath.
In order to meet our customers’ needs, we provide several consultations during the process.
We also understand that you may need to get the job done in a quick, easy and budget friendly way, so we also prepared a separate, shorter process plan for those cases.
Let us walk you through our step-by-step guide to how we deal with our projects!
1. Showroom consultation: This is the first of many meetings to be conducted throughout the design and construction process.
In this initial meeting, we’ll discuss your current likes/dislikes of your existing space, as well as any “must haves” or “deal breakers” for your new space.
We’ll also do a brief explanation of styles/finishes, and how they will impact the overall budget, as well as fully explain the entire process, and what you can expect from start to finish.
While not necessary, it’s very helpful if you can bring the following:
These are extremely helpful in setting realistic budget expectations.
2. In-home consultation: This is the first time we’ll be invited into your home.
Here, we’ll gain a better understanding of your space, and make recommendations based on your “must haves” from the previous meeting.
We’ll take measurements, and notes, and prepare the preliminary estimate.
3. Presentation of scope and cost analysis: Once we’ve completed the initial design, we’ll invite you back to the showroom for the presentation of scope and cost analysis.
This presentation includes a 3D rendering of your space, and a design walkthrough.
In this meeting, we’ll discuss the following:
Any potential “hidden costs” that cannot be determined prior to the construction phase, and how we’ll handle them in the event they arise (common issues are plumbing re-pipes, bringing electrical work to code, mold from previous leaks, etc.).
4. Commitment to service: Once we’ve earned your trust, you’ll sign a commitment to service and make the initial payment.
This is when you’ll be assigned your own project manager who will remain by your side through the project duration.
5. Final material(s) selection/plan approval: Your project manager will guide you through the material selection, making any desired changes, and finalize the budget, as well as go over the final plans with you.
At this point, you’ll sign the contract and pay your deposit – don’t worry, all initial payments will be deducted from the final cost of the project.
6. “What to expect next” meeting: Once final delivery dates are confirmed, your project manager will meet with you and present you with the final project schedule.
Along with the project schedule, we’ll discuss what you need to do to prepare for construction.
Think of it as a “what to expect, when you’re expecting,” but for a home remodel.
7. AND WE’RE OFF!
Your project manager will keep you updated with any new development and work tirelessly behind the scenes to keep the project on schedule.
8. WE’RE HALFWAY HOME! You can see your vision coming to life.
This is just a brief meeting to discuss the remainder of the project and address any questions/concerns you may have.
9. Final touches: Once the last phase is complete, you and your project manager will do a walkthrough, making a punch list.
This covers any small areas that may need slight improvements or touch-ups.
Necessary trades are scheduled, and the tasks are completed.
10. YOU DID IT!
You made it through the remodel process and can begin enjoying your new space.
1. Showroom consultation: In this initial meeting, we’ll discuss your current likes/dislikes of your existing space, as well as any “must haves” or deal breakers for your new space.
We’ll also do a brief explanation of styles/finishes, and how they will impact the overall budget.
2. In-home consultation: In this second meeting, we’ll gain a better understanding of your space and make recommendations based on your ideas from the previous meeting.
We’ll take measurements and notes, and prepare the estimate for you.
3. Presentation of estimate: We’ll email you a copy of the estimate based on your “must haves” and our in-home consultation.
If you would like to schedule a showroom visit for this portion, we’ll have a 3D rendering ready for your viewing as well.
4. Final plan approval: Any changes to the design (styles and/or finishes), and necessary estimate adjustments, happen here.
Once approved, you’ll sign a contract and pay the deposit.
5. Project commencement: Your project manager will present you with the project schedule and remain in close communication with you throughout the duration.
6. Project finalization: Your project manager will perform a final walkthrough to ensure it meets your standards, and now your new space is complete.
You and your family can enjoy it for many years to come!
Thank you for allowing Simple Living Kitchen & Bath to accompany you along this exciting remodeling journey!